Thursday, November 5, 2009

Friday Favourites - October 30th

Hi everyone,
I have created a blog for the Friday Favourite online Breakfast sessions because I have been having trouble emailing the links through to you.
This also may be a better option because then you can refer back to this page at a later date.
Let's just see how this goes.
Next year we will still have some morning sessions, but this may just be another way of providing you with some ideas and options for integrating IT into teaching and learning.
Some of the material may be useful, other bits may not. Just scan through and have a look if you get a moment.
I work on the principle that if it takes me more than 2 or 3 minutes to be able to use the site effectively, I leave it.
All of the material for this blog comes from Farr-Out links to Learning.

October 30 – Top 10
Friday, October 30th, 2009 | Author: Jen

Happy Halloween Eve! I hope you enjoy the great resources and videos I discovered and bookmarked this week. In no particular order, I have listed my favorite top 10 sites, blog posts, and videos of the week below. Feel free to share your favorite finds of the week using the comment link found at the bottom of this post.

  1. I planned to share a cool tech-tip/script with you today, but Nick Peachy did such a good job describing this cool YouTube strategy I would suggest that you take a few moments to read his post: My New Favourite YouTube Tool. The YouTube script he describes in his blog posting really is a great tool to know about and Nick did a great job describing it.
  2. Desktop Background SlideShow - learn how you can create a marvelous screensaver using the free slideshow program/application described in the Tweaking with Fishal blog.
  3. The Alphabetizer – It’s simple. Enter your terms in the input box, one per line, and they will be alphabetized.
  4. Powerful Personal Learning Networks PLN - an excellent Slideshare presentation with embedded YouTube and posted by Mark Woolley…
  5. Gavin Dudeney’s Six Attitudes to Technology – an excellent post I read on the Six Things blog.
  6. Amelia Earhart Links – a marvelous portal of links about Amelia Earhart
  7. Where’s Waldo? – My kids loved the Where’s Waldo books when they were young and I always carried Waldo books in my substitute bag back in my per diem sub days…this site offers a fun and fanciful online opportunity to revisit a “good friend.”
  8. Science News for Kids – “a web site devoted to science news for children ages 9 to 14. The site offers timely items of interest to kids, accompanied by suggestions for hands-on activities, books, articles, Web resources, and other useful materials.”
  9. Bemboszoo – this site features marvelous animals created out of alphabet letters. You have to visit and play with the site to fully appreciate it.
  10. World Food Programme: A Billion for a Billion – If you’re reading this, you can make a difference. It starts with one person and this video will give you a sobering perspective (along with statistics) regarding hunger in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment